Dr. Matthew Bunchman has a reputation as a dentist who takes the time to listen to his patients concerns, help them articulate their goals, and draft a plan that will meet their every expectation. He does so with a relaxed, humble, and pleasant disposition that allows his patients to feel comfortable and in control of their dentistry experience. As a person dedicated to his craft, Dr. Bunchman is continually perfecting his dentistry craft and enhancing outcomes. He is passionate about his work and has an attention to detail that allows exciting results.
Dr. Bunchman was born and raised in a small town in central Illinois. He attended Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois where he graduated with Biology and Pre-Medicine Majors and Chemistry and Biochemistry Minors. Upon graduation from his undergraduate studies, he went on to pursue his dental education at the very well respected Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. After graduating from dental school, the faculty of the Department of Restorative Dentistry awarded Dr. Bunchman with the Fixed Prosthodontic Award, given to the student with the best skills with implants, veneers, crowns, and bridges.
Post-graduation, Dr. Matthew Bunchman relocated from Illinois to Colorado, settling in the city of Evergreen, just south of Genesee and Idaho Springs and north of Conifer, Colorado.
Dr. Bunchman has done extensive training in TMJ diagnosis and treatment, including completing the prestigious ciriculum at The Dawson Academy (find his profile indicating his advanced “Scholar” status at www.findadawsondentist.com) and a Bioesthetics continuum (more can be learned at www.bioesthetics.com). Dr. Bunchan treats TMJ patients referred from local physicians, chiropractors, general dentists, and dental specialists.
Dr. Bunchman is a member of the following organizations:
- International College of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Scholar – The Dawson Academy
- International Associate of Oral Medicine Toxicology
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Metro Denver Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
Dr. Bunchman believes in staying current with dental technology and education. Dr. Bunchman routinely doubles or triples the minimum number of hours required to keep his dental license each year. The following are recent continuing education classes in which he has participated:
Dental Implant Related Education:
- Dental Implant Residency I and II – Whitecap Institute
- Treatment of Single, Partial, and Fully Eduntulous Patients – Advanced Options
- Successful Implant Prosthetics: Comprehensive Model Based Workshop
- Restorative Protocol for the Single Unit Dental Implant in Anterior and Posterior
- Restorative Options for Multiple Missing Teeth in the Anterior and Posterior
- The Road to Restoration
- 3i Innovations Seminar
TMJ, Bite, and Muscle-Related Education:
- Dawson Academy Lecture and Hands-on Series
- Bioesthetic Continuum Series
Esthetics Related Education:
- LUMITray by Lumineers®
- Lumineers Live Placement Workshop
- Dr. Bunchman is regularly relied upon as a source to critique fellow colleagues’ manuscripts prior to publication.
Management Related Education:
- Schuster Center for Professional Development – Management Year